How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My name is ***** ***** and i am 81 yrs old . i am british citizen

This answer was rated:

my name is ***** ***** and i am 81 yrs old . i am british citizen long standing my first passport was british subject in 1954 . my husband died in 2005 november and i came to live in canada , ontario , with my son with whom i still live. my question is i want to live in U.K but i don't have anyone there . i don't have a status in Canada , thats also a reason . how can i be helped as my husband was a pensinor from ODA and paid taxes on his pension. now i receive pension from ODA and i also pay taxes but living in canada i have to pay from my pocket and it makes medical expensive
Thanks for your patience.
Do you still hold a full UK passport?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thomas, yes i hold a full british passport it says also on top european union the answer is OK.

my concern is i am old aged 81 yrs i have health problems suffering long time from

osteoarthrits , recently i vomited some blood was admitted to hospital they checked in hospital everything was ok so i was discharged after 3 days , my son paid the bill , my son can't pay any further hospital bills , my son has basic job.

if i land in heathrow airport london whom will i need to talk to for my rights as i don't have anyone in london. thanks thomas

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you have a full UK passport and not a “British Subject” passport then you will have the same rights to come to the UK as any other UK citizens, which obviously includes the right to enter the Uk and live here permanently.
If you come to the UK then you will be eligible for the same benefits that any other UK citizen receives, but you will only be able to claim these once you have show that you are resident here. Essentially you have to wait a period of time (eg. 6+ months) until you have shown that you have again made the UK your permanent home where you intend to be ordinarily resident in in the future.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have full british citizenship i don't have anyone i can stay with and i don't have funds for 6 months to survive on my own as i suffer from osteoarthritis and i can't manage my self on landing at heathrow how will i be able to gain my rights and mentioned before i am a UK taxpayer on my pension. How can i come to stay there are there any organizations that can help or a lawyer can help fight my case given my circumstances.

thanks Thomas