How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

The Embassy in Bangkok refused my Thai partner her settlement

This answer was rated:

The Embassy in Bangkok refused my Thai partner her settlement visa to come home with me to the UK. We have a nearly 2-year-old daughter and are currently separated from each other due to the lengthy appeals process. I had to come back to the UK to work.
They have been here before on a six month holiday visa.
I guess what I really need to know is twofold. Is there any way to speed up the appeals process? Can I get them back here on another holiday visa or some sort of temporary visa while I am appealing the settlement visa decision.
You may write a letter to the Tribunal asking them to treat the case as urgent. I would not advise that your wife applies for a visit visa in the meantime as they will think she is not a genuine visitor as she has a pending settlement visa appeal and intends to settle in the UK and may not return back to Thailand if a visit visa is issued. So, you should focus on the existing appeal and not on a new visa.
You may also write to your MP and see if your MP can intervene on your behalf and write to the Home Office and Tribunal.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you