How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I've lived in the UK years with Indefinite Leave

This answer was rated:

Hi, I've lived in the UK for 35 years with Indefinite Leave to Remain. I now would like to go for my British citizenship, but not sure what form I need or how much it will cost me.
I recently obtained a biometric Residence Permit as the stamp for ILR was in an expired passport and I needed to obtain a new contract. I really don't want to renew my US passport as I never plan to go back there.
Can you advise??
You may apply for British Citizenship using your expired US passport.
The application form is AN which you may access here:
The application fee is £1005 and you need to use this fee payment form
I would suggest that you apply through the nearest Nationality Checking Service offered by local councils, you should contact your local council to see if they have the NCS service.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you