How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

If a person has delivered her baby on May 3 and already made

This answer was rated:

If a person has delivered her baby on May 3 and already made an appointment with Westminster registrar to register its birth on May 18. What is needed now to get him his British Citizenship and then the passport?

The mother is working in UK on a domestic workers in a private household visa.

Thanks for your question.
Is the father a UK citizen?
If not, do you or the father of the child have any UK ancestry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they are both from Morocco but have both worked for me for many years.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I am sorry but the child does not qualify for UK citizenship. This is because although they were born in the UK this does not qualify them under the British Nationality act because neither of the parents of the child are either UK citizens of “settled” (ie holding indefininte leave to remain) in the UK,
Therefore, they cannot register them as Uk citizens. The only way that they may be able to in the future is if either the mother or father obtained indefinite leave to remain in the UK. If they did this then they could register the child as a UK citizen by applying for registration.
However, until they they cannot register the child as a UK citizen.
I am sorry.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you