How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

There , i came to uk in 2005 and was a student till 2011,

This answer was rated:

hi there ,
i came to uk in 2005 and was a student till 2011, i was financially nil suddenly and could not afford to go to college and my visa application. so i did not have any communication since with the home office cause i was sleeping in the streets at one point and did not have a address to get my mail.
i am kind of financially ok and have a place to stay now as i live with my partner. our relation ship goes far as 5 years and she is british citizen. i really wanna sort my visa situation and get back to work and find a good career for myself.
please let me know if there is anything can be done with my situation with your contact details . thanks a lot
Thanks for your patience.
What proof do you have that you have lived together with your partner for the past 2 years?
What employment income per annum does your partner have please?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hey there ,

we started living together just over an year ago , only have a contract from our land lord proving that and she is not working at the moment , she is a uni student at present

thank you

If your partner does not have income please state what level of cash savings you have between you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


we have close to about £20,000 pounds , mostly it is my money which i saved at the time when i was legal in the country and some of hers when she was working full time . we do not have a joint bank account at the moment but planing to open one this week if that helps.


What is her income per annum, even if it is below £18600 per annum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she is full time uni student at the moment tom , and only works full time on summer holidays at the moment . its comes close to £4000 she earns at that time during the holidays. she gets student loan and expenses for her self at the moment

Thanks for your patience. .
I will be able to answer at 9 a.m


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you