How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British citizen by birth, just returned to living in

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen by birth, just returned to living in the UK. My wife and four month old daughter are both Ugandan. We wish to reside in the UK on permanent basis. Given that most of the documentation which will need to be submitted is in my possession, can I process the application from London, or can only my wife, as the applicant, apply in Uganda? Kind regards, ***** *****

Your daughter may also be British by descent through you and be eligible for a British passport
Your wife will need to apply,for the visa in Kampala through the Tele performance center, see here
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So as I understand it, my daughter should be eligible for a British passport by descent, meaning that we only have to make a visa application for my wife. How do I tackle the application of the child passport given that both my wife and daughter are residing in Uganda and I am in the UK (I'll not be able to get to Uganda until the end of the year due to work commitments)?

Can the same office that handles the visa applications in Kampala deal with it, or is there a different process?

Please start a new question for the passport query
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Following the advice to start a new question I have done so twice, but still getting no response. Regards, XXX