How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Need to know British Naturalisation requirements

This answer was rated:

Need to know British Naturalisation requirements. I came Uk on 9 Feb 2009 under HSMP Tier1 Visa along with my family, my wife and 4 chidlren. we all got last year on 11 Jun 2014 ILR (Sttlement visa). Now my wife and children want to apply for British Naturalisation. I am not applying at this stage. Can they apply altogether or first my wife needs to get Naturalisation then children will apply. All children at this stage are under 18 years. What would be fee for my wife and each child?


Your wife may apply for naturalisation on 11th June 2015 or after that date and together with her application, you may include applications for registration of your children as British Citizens.

Naturalisation only applies to adults, children under 18 are registered.

Your wife would need to apply using form AN and forms MN1 should be used for your children. Separate forms are required for each child.

All the requirements are set out here:

The fee is 1005 pounds for your wife and 749 pounds for each child =4001 pounds total which must be paid by credit/debit card using the fee form here:

I would suggest that all the applications (for your wife and children) are lodged through the Nationality Checking Service at your nearest local authority offering this service as they wil check that the applications are in order and return original documents and passports same day. There is a nominal additional fee for applying through the NCS which is paid directly to the NCS:

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your reply. Kindly note we sent all documents to the relevant department by post. We sent our current passports only. Did we need to send our old passports where very first entry was stamped with date on the passport or our current renewed passport would be enough?

All previous passports should also have been sent.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

Kindly advise whether our passports and ILR cards are kept with Natualisation department and if we need to travel how can we travel?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I sent our passports to UK Naturalisation and want to know for how long our passports and ILR settlement cards will be kept with the Naturalisation department and if we need to travel how can we travel?