How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12186
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am 38 years old and I was adopted at the age of one by my

This answer was rated:

I am 38 years old and I was adopted at the age of one by my British fatherr in Africa and he left when I was 4 years old. I haven't been in touch with him since and I found out that he is still alive and is in the UK. Could I claim myrights as a British citizen
Thank you for your question.
From what you say you could apply for a certificate of entitlement to stay in the UK.
See the following link which should give you the information you need.
JGM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you