How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have to apply work visa. I get a job of honorary

This answer was rated:

I have to apply for UK work visa. I get a job of honorary clinical fellowship in gyneoncology for one year at NHS trust. Please guide me which visa to apply
Thank you for your question. You need to apply for a Tier 2 General Visa to work in the UK as a skilled worker.
The information you need can be found at the following link.
I hope that this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wrote to the hospital HR for CoS number for Tier 2 but they said for honorary doctors they do not give CoS number and so i am stuck

The problem is that there is now no longer an Academic visitors visa for the UK.
A standard visitors visa might suit you. Here are the rules for that type of visa.
JGM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you