How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

1) , can one put in a new application if there is already

This answer was rated:

1) Hi, can one put in a new application if there is already an appeal in court?
2) If one's partner has an indefinite leave to remain and earns more than £18,600, can one put in an application though one has an ongoing appeal? Also that the children has applied for naturalisation to become a british citizen.
Is the applicant in the UK or overseas?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Thank you.
A new application cannot be made if there is a pending appeal.
The applicant has to withdraw the appeal and thereafter lodge the new application, the new application should be lodged within 28 days of the appeal being withdrawn but I would advise the new application be lodged on the same day the appeal is withdrawn, if possible.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, having gone through the UKBA website, I concluded that I would be using the FLR(M) form for the application. Am I right pls?

Also, I read it there that I can use the premium service (same day). Can I do that?

Do I also need to wait for children's naturalisation to come out before applying? Or my partner's indefinite leave to remain is enough having met the requirements of the £18,600.?

Thank you

Yes that is the form for further leave to remain as a spouse of a British citizen or settled person.
Yes, you may use premium service for straightforward applications, if your application is not straightforward e.g. You have a pending appeal, it is advisable to apply by post.
You do not need to wait for the children's naturalisation applications to be processed, your partner's ILR is enough.
All the best.
Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you