How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Iam a British citizen living in the UK. My son of 3 years old is also a British citizen bu

This answer was rated:

Iam a British citizen living in the UK. My son of 3 years old is also a British citizen but living with his mother in India. What is the best visa to apply for in order we can start his schooling next year. Iam working but not 18,600 threshold.
Your son does not require a UK visa to school in the UK.
If you have cash savings of £63,500 or higher, you may sponsor your wife for a spouse visa if she is not British.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Yes my son already has British passport. In regards ***** ***** wife is their

Any other visa she can come on with less criteria. We have been married 8 years now. Perhaps staying a few years and extending while here. She came last year on a visitor visa to UK but went back due to expired.

There is one other option, she may apply for a visa giving her access rights to the child.
However, such visas are difficult to obtain and I suggest that you appoint an immigration adviser to assist you.
E.g. See here
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your answer. Yes I can go down the 63,000 pound avenue as I have property abroad I can sell. But this will take some months then I have to keep for 6months. While Iam doing that in the interim can I still sponsor my wife as a visitor on a 6 months visa. She came here last Dec to March this year on visitor visa. But my sister sponsored her for that. Can I do myself. Iam in employment 19,000pa.

If so what do I need and how much in savings and for how long??

Yes, you may sponsor her for a visitor visa and you do not need a minimum income for that.
However, she will need to show that she will return back home after her visit.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Again thank you. How much will you charge or your firm for organisating this visitor visa with documents and services. Rgds Sam

I am afraid we cannot take clients from here. I would suggest that you engage an immigration solicitor yourself through the law society website or a search engine.
All the best