How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Madam, My wife and I have been married since

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir / Madam,
My wife and I have been married since 1990 in the state of Kuwait, At that time I was a jordanian national and my wife a lebanese national. We both moved to the UK in 1990 and I became a British Citizen in the year 2000, we have 4 daughters all born in the uk and all British Citizen.
What are the steps I need to take in order to proof that my wife and I are still married, though our marriage certificate is in Arabic and has my nationality before naturalisation.
Best Regards,
Eyad Bibi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why do you think that you need to prove this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


To apply for Schengener visa for my wife.

All you need to do is have a Certified Translation made of your Marriage certificate drawn up and keep the two documents together - no other steps are required
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you