How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to marry my fiance who is in the UK on a visit visa.

This answer was rated:

hi i want to marry my fiance who is in the UK on a visit visa. The thing is i dont earn £18600 and my fiance english is weak. Therefore we do not want to apply for fiance visa. What are my options? How will we manage to stay together. Please help
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that if you do get married on a visit visa your husband will then have to return home to apply for a Spouse visa.
The only way you can remain together after the marriage is if you return to his home with him.
Otherwise you need to work on his English and see if there is a family member who would be willingto sponsor his coming to the Uk
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks you this information a family memeber is willing to sponser him but they do not earn 18600 aswell is that Ok?
No I am afraid that the sponsor must meet the financial requirements
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you