How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I wish to marry a Portugese woman She has EU citizen passport

This answer was rated:

I wish to marry a Portugese woman She has EU citizen passport . I am a UK citizen. I am widowed .I have UK passport She has final divorce papers in Portugal .
What is your question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i wish to know what rules apply. Does this require any goverment permissions? Does she have to have permission to reside in uk? What residence proof is needed? She has been in uk since 2012,

What paperwork is involved and what is process

This to uk solicitorJA


No immigration or other permissions required for her to marry you in the UK.

You both need to give notice to marry, see here for the entire process:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does the same apply in portugal?

Yes, as a UK citizen, you would not be limited by any immigration formalities to marry her in Portugal.
All the best