How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa working as a software

This answer was rated:

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa working as a software developer. I am allowed to do supplementary work which is in the same profession and level of my regular job.
My question is, am I allowed to do supplementary work remotely from home for a company which is located abroad? Also, is it OK to file taxes for extra income as the company will not be able to deduct tax via PAYE?
Yes, you may do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week and you may do this from home and pay taxes yourself as the employer is not in the UK.
Hope this clarifies
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you