How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to apply naturalisation. I was a company director last year. my company ha

This answer was rated:

Hi,I want to apply for a naturalisation. I was a company director last year. my company has been struck of And dissolveed now.Because I I didn't submit my company tax return. Also I didn't pay my vat. the estimated vat was sixteen thousands pounds. only 1time I had submitted vat return. my question is am I eligible for British citizenship.
in order to make an application for British citizenship what do I have to do. Cas it will be hard to restore my company again. Pls email me to dis answer.
Thanks .
You should contact HMRC and see if you have any unpaid taxes in your name. If there are no unpaid taxes in your name, you are fine to apply for naturalisation, otherwise not.
There is a chance that the tax liability is not recorded against your name personally and is recorded against your company's name in which case you are not personally liable for the arrears and therefore fine to apply for naturalisation.
If tax arrears are recorded against your name, you may offer to clear them before you apply for naturalisation.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello sir, what do I have to write to that personal tax or vat tax. can you give me some clue pls.

I would suggest that you get a local accountant who is familiar with HMRC matters to take this up with the HMRC on your behalf.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello sir,sorry to bothering you. I didn't understand about the tax arrears. Is that meant personal tax arrears or vat areears?or could you give me some advice . what do I have to say to my accountant.


You need to ask your accountant to find out what arrears if any are recorded against your name. This would include VAT which is a tax.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi dear,

Thank you for your kind advice.Do you have any office in Scotland. Pls let me know.i didn't submit the company tax return . is it going to be a problem. Also if you draft a letter for me about the tax, how much you will charge me. Pls let me know.

Kind regards


Hello Sad,
I am afraid we cannot meet as this is an online only service. I suggest you contact a local solicitor who can assist you.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi dear . what about the company tax return.i didn't submit company tax return. is that going to be a problem. Pls let me know.



Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also sir, could you draft a letter for me to hmrc.u can charge me for that.


As a self employed person, you are required to show the latest HMRC self assessment statement of account. You should contact HMRC to see if they can provide this and send it to the Home Office and refer them to your naturalisation application.
all the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi dear, just want to let you know that, I got the self assessment for last year, but it's not showing anything for my company. Cas I didn't submit company tax return . cas I was doing the other job as a self employed.i m worrying about company vat, also non domestic rates . cas if the ukba checked den I will be refused. Also I will lost some money. Also if I go for liquidation then I have to wait long time . also I couldn't get my wife from abroad. Pls give me some advice.