How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I'm looking visa advice. My Thai wife would

This answer was rated:

I'm looking for some visa advice.
My Thai wife would like to apply for ILR.
She has been in the UK since May 2007 and we married August 2007. We had a child together in February 2008, and brought her 2 children (now aged 10 and 13) over from Thailand in May 2008.
We applied for ILR in April 2012. This was not given but a limited leave to remain until June 2015 was given. Reason for declining ILR application was because of a criminal record offence of assault given in November 2011.
Life has not gone well for us and from owning my own business and doing financially well I am now unemployed on JSA and housing benefit. I am just about to go bankrupt and have no savings. Visa money is gettable by selling a watch I own.
Please can you advise me if it is worth trying for a ILR visa or just to extend the limited leave visa and try to increase our fortunes for next time?
My wife has the Life in the UK Test pass and B1 English Test.
B***** *****
I would suggest that she applies for ILR using form SET(M). As you applied before the rule changes in July 2012, she is eligible for ILR now subject to meeting the good character requirements which you may access here
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you