How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am on a T2 ICT Leave to remain visa. I have quit my job

Customer Question

I am on a T2 ICT Leave to remain visa. I have quit my job and therefore my sponsor. I am applying and received a job offer. My question is 1) Am I able to transfer to a new employer and just update my biometrics 2) am I going to need to follow a cooling off period. The Home Office site is not very clear on this.
I am American if that matters and was under the impression that I have 60 days to change employment and find a new sponsor without having to leave the country.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

When did you apply for your current T2 ICT visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My visa was renewed March 2014 and my initial visa was approved March 2012
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

As your ICT visa was granted after April 2011, you cannot switch into a Tier 2 general visa from the UK, unless you will be earning 155,300 pounds or more.
You would need to make a new application after 12 months (cooling off period) from the USA for a Tier 2 general visa.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then would the salary need to be 155k as a base salary or could it be a lower base salary plus car allowance and bonus , etc to total package be worth 155k?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The following is counted:

a) basic pay (excluding overtime); and

b) allowances (including daily payments to cover the additional cost of living in the UK but not including expenses to cover travel to and from your home country), provided these allowances are part of your guaranteed salary package.

c) bonuses, provided these are part of your guaranteed salary package.

Please leave feedback