How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son is a UK National who has recently returned to this country

This answer was rated:

My son is a UK National who has recently returned to this country with his wife and daughter. His wife is a Japanese national and her spoke visa is stamped "no recourse to public funds". His 20 month old daughter was born in Japan but has a UK birth certificate and UKpassport.
Can they claim child benefit and child tax credits without breaching the terms of the visa. If they can claim can the application be made in his wife's name.
Secondly his wife took her English language test with Pearson which is no longer on the list of approved examiners. Will she have to retake the test when she re applies for her visa
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your son (not his wife) is entitled to apply for the Child Benefit and the Tax Credits.
I am afraid his wife will indeed have to redo the the English Language test
please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you