How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have a question I am Pakistani national living with my

This answer was rated:

hi I have a question I am Pakistani national living with my European wife in uk and wants to bring my brother who is 16 years old and my parents who are 62 and 56 in the uk how should I go about it
Thanks for your patience.
Are your parents and brother socially or financially dependent upon you?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well what if I say yes or what if I say no actually they are but for the time being I am not supporting them I hope you getting me what I mean

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I’m afraid that your parents/your brother do not count automatically as your family members for the purpose of applying for an EEA family permit in order to come here.
In order for them to apply for a family permit they would have to show that they are “dependent” upon you. This means that they have to show that there are financially/socially/emotionally dependent upon you in order to live in the country where they are presently based.
It’s a high threshold standard to reach and you must be able to prove this dependency for all of them by documentary evidence over a considerable period of time.
So, if you have not been supported them up until this date then you would have to do so over a considerable period of time (at least 6 months) and keep a very detailed record of the support you have provided so that you can submit it with your application.
Basically, if your brother/mother and father are all independent adults of sound mind with no health conditions and can indecently look after themselves by carrying out the normal day to day tasks that normal people carry out (cooking/cleaning etc) then the chances of them getting a visa are very small.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok did help now cpuld you tell me how much should I be earning in order to apply.further I like to mention that my mother is housewife brother goes to high school and father works overseas in saudia arabia but wants to come back pakistan and join me along with my whole family so thats how the life circle is going on.they are physcially fit and do most duties by themselves.but as I mentioned when my father comes back he need some sort of financial support and therefore ill be the one to back them at that point therefore I like to get further guidance on that.
There is no set amount that you should be earning but you would have to be able to show that you could support/accomodate them without the need to access public funds.
I'm afraid that if your father and mother are able to work then it's unlikely that you would be able to show dependency unless you were also able to show that there was no prospect of employment for them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well as far as earning is concern I earn around 27k but making alot of efforts to take it upto 40 to50k as far as dependency is concern although my parents would have enough source of fund available but they would still rely on me by that I mean as you know in most families its natural tradition that when parents child are able to aupport them then parents rely on there child as their lead family member
I'm afraid that if they have their own money (albeit supplemented by money that you send them) and are in good health to the extent that they are able to carry out day to day tasks then the chances of claiming dependency are condsiderably reduced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok let me think further on that but could you let me know which current form do I need to use and in which category I need to apply on as my wife is european and in fact I am at first place dependent on her as my visa is based on her
The form to apply for who - you or your parents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For my parents
They would need to apply for a family permit if they do actually apply in the end:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thatnks for tour help and I will get back to you after doing a bit more search on the case had alot of good information thanks and bye for now get back to you soon.
No problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could you tell me which form do I need to use for the application and also I need to know which particular category as it has two or three options on it where it says eea family permit settled person or another one as well so which particular one fits for me

I'm afraid that if you require specific advice on completing the form then you would need to instruct a solicitor locally in the normal way. This site is for general questions and answers only.
You really need to instruct a solicitor if considering applying.