How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I was giving a 5 year eea family residence card in april 2012,

Customer Question

i was giving a 5 year eea family residence card in april 2012, based on living together, my visa will expired in april 2017,but now i have 5years and 3 months proof of living together. i want to ask if i can apply for parmanent residence card now or i wait till the end of my visa. am from ghana and my partnar is from poland we both work full time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
In respect of you applying, you will need to wait until 2017, this is because it is because you need to show residence in the UK as the spouse of an EEA national for 5 years from the date you were issued with the visa in 2012, it does not matter how long you may have been living with your partner before then.
Therefore you will need to wait until 2017 when you have completed 5 years under the EEA resident permit before applying for permanent residency.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards