How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I'm Bolivian, but have lived in england years, and

This answer was rated:

Hi. I'm Bolivian, but have lived in england for 5 years, and I am now a British citizen. I am a single mother. I would like to bring my 7 year old Bolivian son to live in england with me and my English husband. Can he apply for a British passport from Bolivia? Or does he have to come to england on a visa? Which forms do I need to fill in? Thanks for any help.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Please clarify: is your son dependent on you? Who does he live with at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alice

Yes my son is dependent on me. My son currently lives in Bolivia with my parents. I want to bring him to England to live with me permanently as I am now a British citizen and settled in England with my English husband.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your next reply.

***** *****

Your son will be applying for a Dependant Visa.
You will be sponsoring the application.
If an application for a Dependent Visa is successful your son will be granted leave to enter the UK and the freedom to live in the UK without restriction.
You can the paperwork yourself but it would be advisable to instruct an immigration lawyer to assist you - they will gather all information needed and help you submit the paperwork.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alice

So which application form do I need to fill in? It's confusing when I searched for the form. Can you be more specific? I'm still a bit confused.

Thank you

***** *****

Yes of course. Bear with me and I will get you the link.
This is the link which gives more information: this is the application link: the application link you can also see what documents are needed in support of thr application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I'm assuming I'll fill the form in on his behalf? as he is only 7 years old. Also when registering an account for the visa do I need to register using my son's name, address in Bolivia etc?



Hi Shirley
You can register the account using your e-mail but of course will need to put your son down as the applicant and yourself as his sponsor. You can attach all the necessary paperwork to the application and pay the fee. From his side he will need to produce his passport and an adult will have to be nominated as his guardian to help him with any paperwork over there. But you will see when you go through the application process that details of where he is staying and with whom is in the form. It is actually reasonably straightforward.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Thanks very much for all your help.

Much appreciated.

***** *****

It was my pleasure. Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think we'll be OK for now, but we will contact you if we need anything.

Thanks very much


Please take a moment to rate my answer. Have a great evening.
Alice H and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you