How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

There, My brother who is a UK citizen lives in santorini,

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
My brother who is a UK citizen lives in santorini, with his wife and has done for many years. His wife is Russian born with a Russian passport, but was granted right to work in Greece many years ago. They got married 3 years ago, recently they have wanted to move to the UK to be closer to family. My brother seems to be under the impression that he can return but his wife, my sister in law will not be granted access. They do not have much in the way of money, as one is a painter and the other.Writer, is there a way that we can bring them home? Can I sponsor them if so how much does this cost? And will my sister in law be granted work permits so she can get a job once here?
The good news is that your brother is treated as an EEA national as he has lived in Greece for many years and his wife is eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit under what is known as the Surinder Singh route.
No sponsorship is required and there is no requirement to show minimum income.
See here
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you