How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am an older retired UK gay citizen who has met younger Tunisian

This answer was rated:

I am an older retired UK gay citizen who has met younger Tunisian gay citizen We have been in a relationship for 2 years and I wish to bring him here to the UK to enable us to get married how do we make an application to do this ??
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Can your partner satisfy the language test, and can you meet the financial requirements?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou Clare my Tunisian partner speaks perfect English he also writes good English as we message each other many times daily he does mispell some big words but you can understand when you read them what he means,I am a home owner with no outstanding mortgage and with my state / private pension I get £12,000 per annum and I still work 25 hrs a week which brings in £8,000 per annum after stoppages I have currently £20,000 p eraser annum total income also in the bank I have £28,000 in ISA's and savings I am also currently selling a Caravan which is expected to bring me another £15,000 so I am comfortable enough that if we are allowed to be together that I could sponsor him until he is allowed to look for a job and commence working.He currently has about £800 in a bank account in Tunisia and he works on his families farm there,if he is not allowed to come here to marry me could he come here and ask for Asylum on the grounds that it is illegal to be a practising Homosexual and of course he could be put into prison for doing so, so could I when I go to visit with him in Tunisia !! We have been in a relationship for two years and I have been to Tunisia twice to see him and inwill be returning in November to see him again, he is 20 yes old and I am 68yrs old I do not know if this would have any bearing on any application for us to get permission to come here to marry me, we met online on a site where younger gay men were looking for older gay men and vice versa of course, we truly do love each other very very much and I have met his Mother to ask permission for us to be able to get married and to be together and we have her blessing, I'm sorry to say that his Father is deceased, you are my first contact with anyone to proceed in the correct application for us to be married and together thankyou.
There is no reason why your partner should not apply to come here as your partner.
The details are here
You clearly have no issue regarding language or the finances.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you