How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Is a person born in Northern Rhodesia in 1961 British by birth

Customer Question

Is a person born in Northern Rhodesia in 1961 British by birth and will his children as a result of his British status be entitled to British Citizenship. He does have British Passport which simply says British Citizen in it. He never gained Zambian citizenship after independence in 1962. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
It is very likely that the children may have a claim to British nationality if any of their grand parents were born in the UK.
Without knowing all relevant details and without looking at paperwork, it is difficult to advise further online here but I suggest you see here
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI There,

I do know that they might qualify. I would not have asked if that is what I wnted to know.

The exact details are as follows:

Daughters where born in 1992 and 1995 respectively.

Father Born Northern Rhodesia, November 1961. He has British Passpoert that states British Citizen (Unkown if British by Birth or Decent)

Mother was Born in Swaziland but is a South African Citizien, never had Swazi citizenship only South African

Paternal grandparents were both born in England and both held British passports (grandfather has passed, Grandmother still alive)

Maternal Grandparents were both born in South Africa.

If I could get a definitive answer would be appreciated as it is an expensive process to enter into if unknown.

Thank you for your advise.