How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

In addition to the "Life in the UK" test, does someone

This answer was rated:

Hello. In addition to the "Life in the UK" test, does someone who is applying for their UK citizenship also have to have a formal English qualification? Their English is excellent, both spoken and written. Thank you.
Yes, a formal English qualification is also required in addition to the life in the UK test. See the link below:
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Is it possible to just sit the test or do they need to attend a course first?

They may just sit the test as their English is good as you say.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you