How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was on a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer VISA and a half years. But since then,

This answer was rated:

I was on a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer VISA for 2 and a half years. But since then, have left that company and got a new VISA Tier 2 General with a salary of £153,500. I have been on this VISA for about 6 months now. My Question is, will I lose this VISA if the company wants to lower my salary to £100K, and will I be asked to apply for a different VISA or have to leave the UK?
Your employer will need to file a change of circumstances report if your salary is reduced and yes, it is likely that your visa may be revoked unless you change to another visa category where you qualify.
If you cannot secure another visa, you will have to leave the UK.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** makes sense.

Can you recommend another VISA category that would make sense for me?

As I mentioned, I have worked in the UK for the past three years. I am Canadian.

I am afraid without knowing your personal circumstances, it is difficult to advise you fully.
If you are in a relationship with a UK or EEA national, you could consider switching to a family visa., or try and secure another job earning £155,300
All the best