Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.

I am applying next month but my accountant has not filed it returns en

Hi I am applying for ilr next month but my accountant has not filed it returns for year ending April 2015. Is that a problem
Thanks for your patience.
What visa are you on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on a Tier 1 Visa. Entered the country in October 2010. I am completing my 5 years and have a PEO appointment first week of Aug 2015.

I will be submitting Payslips and dividend vouchers and accountant letter. The only problem is that accountant has not prepared company statements and IT returns for year ending April 2015.

I have P60 and IT returns for all previous years. Also I have company accounts and corporation tax payment for year ending April 2014.

I do have P60 for the year ending April 2015 but not company P/L or IT returns for this year (ending April 2015)

What type of Tier 1 visa please? Tier 1 Entrepreneur?
When are the statements likely to be submitted please?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tier 1 General.

The statements are likely to be submitted later this year.

Can I make a successful application without this as my P60 will show tax paid and I can get yearly VAT statement signed by accountant

I have a meeting now for about an hour. I should be able to answer after I return.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are u back

Yes, three minutes please..
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Ideally you would have submitted the accounts before applying, if your current leave to remain gives you enough time to re-book your ILR for a future date to allow you to submit the accounts then I would strongly consider doing this.
If your current leave to remain does not give you enough time to rearrange the appointment then I would suggest that you get your accountant to provide you with interim/provisional accounts for the purpose of your application.
You should then get him to write you a letter confirming that they are interim accounts for the purpose of making your application and that they will shortly be finalised. You should also ask your accountant to confirm that the final accounts are being prepared in accordance with the statutory time period allowed for companies to prepare account once the final year has ended. The accountant must be a chartered accountant and the accountant should give details of their registration.
I would suggest that you give a statement confirming what is happening and advising that if the caseworker considers they cannot approve your application until final accounts are submitted then you ask that they postpone determination of the decision until they accounts have been submitted so that you can provide them to them so that they can then determine in your favour.
You will probably be okay if you do this.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,