How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

As a Swiss citizen, do I need to apply papers (apart

This answer was rated:

As a Swiss citizen, do I need to apply for any papers (apart from a passport ) to enter, live and possibly work in Britain?
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
As an EEA citizen, she has the right to travel to the UK and remain here as long as she likes provided that she exercises her treaty rights.
This means that she can stay as long as she likes provided that she either works, studies or is otherwise self-sufficient (ie.does not claim unreasonable benefits and become a financial burden on the state).
If she has a Swiss passport then she can simply travel here on that.
Once she does this she can apply for a registration certificate to prove her right to be/stay in the UK (although technically there is no legal requirement to actually apply for the certificate – it can just be useful). Details on how she can apply for this once she is in the UK are here:
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you