How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter is having problems with Immigration. My Mum Dad

This answer was rated:

My daughter is having problems with Immigration. My Mum Dad and I emigrated to Australia in 1968. I married a naturalised Australian and in 1969 my daughter was born in 1969 in Sydney. We returned to England in 1975 my daughter and I had a joint British passport. She has been claiming State benefits since she was 18. To cut a long story short she was able to get an Australian passport and went abroad with her partner. When she returned her passport was stamped 'no recourse to public funds' and her benefits stopped. She asked me for my birth certificate in the hope in applying for a British passport on the advice of her solicitor but that has been refused saying she is not British. She has no money and the threat of being deported. Can you help please?
If you were born in the UK, your daughter would be a British citizen by descent.
I would suggest that she apply for Nationality Status confirmation using form NS
The fee is £162 and it needs to be paid using this form
Once she receives confirmation of her British Citizenship, she should not have trouble obtaining her passport.
I suggest that she lodges the NS application herself if possible without using a solicitor.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you most helpful presumably her solicitor will know how to apply for British Citizenship and my daughter can do the rest. Having difficty paying your fee what happened to the first application Beijing free and the attracting a fee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but your advice is out of date not paying anything
Your daughter is already a British Citizen, she does not need to apply for that. She only needs to apply for confirmation of her status as a British Citizen.
Please see my answer above.
All the best