How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have lived in the Uk since 1976 but am soon to return to

Customer Question

I have lived in the Uk since 1976 but am soon to return to Australia, my homeland to live at least for several years. I want to make a will to deal with property and income I have here. What are the issues?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
you need to specify in your UK will that it applies to all your property and assets in the UK and that the Will is governed by English law.
You may make a separate Will dealing with your Australian assets and property, if any.
You also need to consider the inheritance tax implications, see here
May I help further?