How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a Filipino girlfriend who is unfortunately overstayed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Filipino girlfriend who is unfortunately overstayed her Visa in the UK I am a British citizen and we would like to Marie and reside here in the UK. Is there any chance we can apply for a Visa without her leaving the UK as we feel this may affect her return.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that she will have to return to the Phillipines to apply for a spouse visa - she cannot apply for one here in the UK
Please ask if you need further details