How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a UK ILR holder. My husband is currenty in the UK on a

This answer was rated:

I am a UK ILR holder. My husband is currenty in the UK on a tourist visa. Which application form will he need to complete from the UK to convert his tourist visa to a dependent visa? Thank you.
He cannot switch from a visitor visa into a spouse visa from the UK, he must go back home and apply for a spouse visa from there.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer. just clarifying on which type of dependent visa he needs to apply for from his home country- will it be a dependent visa or a dependent indefinite leave to remain? thank you.

You need to apply for a visa to join family living permanently in the UK:
Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you