How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Thomas i have some question about my husband ,he live in

This answer was rated:

hi.thomas i have some question about my husband ,he live in MALAYSIA last year he came to england to vistt me but immigaration refusal of leave to enter and the immigaration give his reason is do not an entry clearance valid for the purpose for which you application for leave to entry was made so how can i apply him now ? i sorry my english is very good thanks Thomas
Thanks for your question.
Was he simply coming for a visit and not permanently?
What nationality is your husband? Malaysian?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am a british citizen my husband is malaysian he came to england many time but he did not over stay .he always stay in here about 5 month after that he go back to Malaysia a month or two month and come back to England again so last year November his came here the immigration not allow him to entry.thanks

Before November, when was the last time that he was in the UK and when did he leave?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can not remember i thhink is Feb and Sep is leave in UK thanks

Are you saying that he came in february and then stayed until he left in september and then he attempted to return in November?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes he came to England to many time

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
When your husband enters as a visitor he is basically subject to the condition that he must not spend more than 6 months in any 12 month period in the UK. This pretty much applies to all visas.
So, if he stayed until September (after he entered in February) then attempted to re-enter in November then the home office were correct in refusing him entry. This is because when he entered in November the entry officers would have counted back 12 months and seen that he has already spent more than 6 months during that period in the UK and therefore would not qualify for a vist.
Additionally, they are more suspicious where a person is married to a UK national living here because they consider that they are more likely to overstay their visa.
In the circumstances, he would probably be best applying for a multi entry visit visa granted over either a 2, 5 or 10 year period. This means that he could enter and leave as many times as he likes provided that he does not spend more than 6 months in any given 12 month period in the UK.
Because of the refusal of entry I would suggest that you instruct a UK solicitor in order to prepare his application for him to give him the best chance of getting an approval.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you