How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I My fiancee is Cambodian and we have a 6 month old boy.

Customer Question

My fiancee is Cambodian and we have a 6 month old boy. I was born (and all my past family were British and born in the uk) I live and work in the UK same company 12 years annual salary £37,000 we have been engaged just over 2 years she lives in Cambodia she has no property or assets, I support her and my son. I am named on the hospital birth certificate as the father. We have just applied for a visitor visa twice. The first was refused because they said lack of evidence of regular income, I supplied a letter from my employer with job title length of service and salary. Also several other things, proof of relationship, said there was no signed dated letter of invitation from me, but there was. So, I then re applied giving them all the things they refused for, They then refused saying that because my fiancee was totally supported by me and has no assets they believe she has nothing to tie her into going back, so think she will not return. The reason for doing the visitor visa was because my mother has got Alzheimer's and we were advised by the advice line that the fastest way would be to bring them on visitor visas and then apply for my sons passport when here (Decent) They would then return and we would apply for the fiancee visa and get married over here.
My Questions are. given they refused her stating they believe she would not return, if she came on a fiancee visa she would not be returning (except to visit her family on holidays) but getting married and living here with me. So refusing on these grounds surely would not apply ?
And secondly What visa would I bring my son over on, then do his passport etc over here. And what possible grounds could they refuse on.
regards Chris.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry l need to know asap. Cancel and l will find alternative advice.

Thanks Chris.

Expert:  Jody-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have used your services before, however I cannot remember any user names or passwords, my email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

But all it says is this email address has been used, because it is my email and my account. I need to know how to recover my user name and password ***** ***** *****

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You son is a British Citizen therefore a visa is not appropriate for UK .
You should apply for a British Passport for him whilst he is in Cambodia.
Secondly, you do not need to show evidence that your fiancée will return back to Cambodia if she applies for a fiancée visa, it only applies to a visitor visa.
All the best