How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Good evening I'm a Polish national have been working in UK

Customer Question

Good evening I'm a Polish national have been working in UK for continous period of five years .Have I obtained permanent right to reside without application?If I leave my job am do I have the same right to claim benefits as British? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Did you register under the Worker registration scheme?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I did in 2010 Have been working continuosly until now(I haven't resigned yet)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
In that case, you automatically become a permanent resident and to prove this, you may want to apply for permanent residence certification using this form
As a permanent resident, you would be entitled to claim benefits depending on your personal circumstances.
Hope this helps