How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I want to marry a girl from Bangalore

This answer was rated:

I want to marry a girl from Bangalore
Hi, Thanks for your question. Where are you?What nationality are you please?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Gloucester. I am Bristish Asian
Okay. Is your main objective to get your fiance her to live permanently with you as your wife?Are you in employment? If so do you earn more than the financial requirement of £18600 per annum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do . I have been here since 1968 . Served in the RAF for 22 years . Was married to an English girl for 44 years. At the moment I am not in employment . But my combined in come after tax in pension is £16824 . I own thehouse I live in , no mortgage to pay.
Right. The income is below the threshold amount unfortunately. Do you/your fiance have any cash savings between you, if so please state approximately how much and I will check to see if this help in reaching the requirement?Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to mention I get my wife's pension of £1140 a year . I have saving of £145000 in my account at present .
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you. If the plan is to settle in England once you are married then she will need to apply for settlement from her home country. There are two ways of doing it. It is not absolutely necessary for you to go there to marry in order to get her a visa to come here. You can apply for a fiance visa so that she can come here specifically for the purpose of marrying. Once married you would then have to apply for a spouses visa (settlement – Further Leave To Remain). Two applications, two application fees.Alternatively, You can either marry where she isand then apply directly for a spouses visa at the UK embassy there; Once application, one application fee. There is a slightly larger amount of documents to submit for a fiancé visa because you have to show that you intend to marry once she arrive here. The eligibility criteria is largely similar for both applications.The advantage is that if your fiance visa is refused then you are not married. If you marry and you spouses visa application is refused initially and then on appeal then you are stuck being married but in different countries. Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a fiance visa, as I say the criteria is largely the same for a spouses visa. If you meet this you will almost certainly not be refused a spouses visa:- You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving hereYou plan to live permanently together hereYou have met each otherYou can support each other without the need for public fundsYou have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public fundsMeet the financial requirement (salary threshold): You have to produce to the UKBA documentation that proves the above. This would be some of the following:-{C}· If you are to apply for a fiancé visa you will have to show evidence of your intention to marry, so things like purchase of a ring, evidence of having met (photos correspondence etc), booking of a wedding venue, evidence of invites etc.{C}· Bank statements from both you and your fiance going back 6 months showing the income/capital you have available{C}· Payslips (6 month of) and a letter from your employer stating that you have a permanent job, contract of employment{C}· Documentary evidence of any other assets you hold (eg. Shares, evidence of ISAs or bonds){C}· Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, passport{C}· Evidence of correspondence between you and your fiance showing that the relationship is credible and genuine (eg. Emails, letters, evidence of previous trips, photos showing you together, phone records{C}· Evidence of the accommodation where you will live (ie. land registry officials copies of the property that you own, mortgage documentation, copy tenancy agreement if you rent, council tax statements, house report by a solicitor, letter from landlord confirm he is happy to give you a further tenancy agreement If you have cash savings of above £62500 which you have held for more than 6 months then you meet the financial requirement on cash savings alone and would not need to rely on any income/pension element in order to prove that you meet this requirement.She will also have to pass an Englsh Language test:- The application will have to be supported by evidence proving the above eligibility criteria. They key to a successful application is producing well-collated documentary evidence for the above criteria. You will also have to produce statements made by both of you explaining and supporting how you meet the eligibility criteria. She will need to apply for fiance/spouses visa using form VAF4.Generally, I’ve found that persons considering applying for fiancé/spouse visa are surprised by the documentary requirements and complicated nature of the application preparation. You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor based here in the UK to prepare an application for her (whichever way you decide to do it). You can find local solicitors via:- It should cost around £1000-1500+ VAT. It will save you money in the long run, in all probability. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you