How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was born in Zimbabwe. I obtained a UK passport through my

This answer was rated:

I was born in Zimbabwe. I obtained a UK passport through my paternal grandfather.
I have two children born in South Africa. I need to relocate to the UK with my wife and two children. My older son turned 15 in May 2015 and my second son turned 13 in March 2015.
Are my children still able to enter the UK as my dependants? If so is there an age cut off?
Thanks and regards
Yes, your children are able to accompany you to the UK as your dependants. The cut off date for them is 18 years so you should apply before your eldest child turns 18. Your wife must also be coming to live with you in the UK at the same time.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. My wife will accompany me. I understand she will need a spouses visa. What will the children need. I have heard entry clearance. How is this obtained?

Best regards

The children will need a child dependant visa, see here for the visa application process and requirements:
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you