How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I want to bring a filipino lady to the UK on a visitor visa.

This answer was rated:

I want to bring a filipino lady to the UK on a visitor visa. She has no regular income and I wish to support her fully whilst she is in the UK. How do I include this information in the Visitor Visa application?
Thanks for your question.
Does she have any savings in her current account to show her own money (even though she may not have income)?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has no personal funds at present. I am supporting her.

Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow (as I am sure you know), is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds
You should strongly consider gifting her a sum of money in order to show that she has funds in her bank account. If you do not then it’s highly likely that the application will be rejected. Applications based solely on another person paying for expenses once the visitor is here almost never succeed.
Once you have done this you should then see a local UK solicitor about drafting/executing a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that the money you have already transferred her is a gift which you have no right to recall, that you are to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.
You should then submit this statutory declaration together with the other documents that she will submit with the visa application.
Additionally, you have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we work towards a fiance visa while she is in the UK?

You cannot apply for a fiance visa without leaving the UK, but you can both see a solicitor whilst here on a visit visa with a view to getting them to prepare the fiance visa application which she would submit from her home country once she has left.
I would not volunteer this to the home office in the visit visa application or if questioned upon entry though.
Thomas and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you