How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

How can I get permanent residency in UK and how much the fund

This answer was rated:

How can I get permanent residency in UK and how much the fund for investment required for this ( I am from Iraq )
Thanks for your patience.
I assume that you are not in a relationship with any UK citizen of foreign national/EEA nation who has (or could get) permission to stay in the UK,.
On this basis your options are:
Apply for a Tier 2 Visa. This is a sponsored worker visa in which you obtian a job offer from a UK employer and they sponsor you to come here and work for them. You can apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence) after 5 years on this visa, but you would need to find a job on the employment shortage list:
Apply for a Tier 1 entreprenuer visa. This is where you apply on the basis that you will invest money in a UK business and become an active part of the business. If you are providing the funds yourself then you would need to show that you can invest £200, 000.00 in the business: . Again, you would be able to apply for ILR after 5 years, unless the business does extremely well and you have been very profitable and employed a number of workers in which case you can apply after 3 years .
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****

I viewed your answer to my question but unfortunately i didn't satisfied because it was just general informations .You have to ask me what is your job ? in order to answer my question in perfect way otherwise it's just general informations . I'm a doctor certificated since 1986 from Baghdad university -medical college postgraduated in 1995 in pediatric Board & finally i got subspeciality in pediatric cardiology in 1999 till now i'm working in specialized center for cardiac diseases .During this period i published many novel techniques in Ammerican journal for cardiac interventional cathetrizations & i presented many articles in international conferances .This is not our subject i need to answer my question in specific way . I have more than the fund you mentioned i want to secure my money in one of British banks to be invested as they want in order to get permenant residency in UK in legal way if possible with my best wishes
I cannot give you specific advice because I am solicitor and this site is for general advice only. If you want specific advice then you must instruct a UK based solicitor and pay them commensurately in the normal way.
The shortage occupation list for tier 2 general is here for you to check whether there is a job that you can do for tier 2 purposes given your qualifications:
If there is no job on that list then if you consider that you are an international leader in your field then this may open up the Tier 1 exceptional talent visa if you are able to get an endorsement from the royal society:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****

My question ,how can i get permanent residency

in UK by investment i.e to secure my money

in one of the British bank to be invested

as they want ?
You cannot get "permanent residence" (ie. indefinite leave to remain) simply as a result of investing money.
You must obtain a visa and I have described your options above.
The only other alternative would be a Tier 1 Investor visa and the webpage on this is here:
Again, this is only a visa but - in the same way as the other visas referred to above - it can lead to indefinite leave to remain if you were to be resident in the UK on this visa for a period of 5 years.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you