How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I just posted a question about the IHS charge and fiancé visa

Customer Question

I just posted a question about the IHS charge and fiancé visa to UK and received an answer stating only visas over 6 mo required the IHS charge, however, the website states that I do need to pay the IHS charge (they pro-rate it) can you please provide any references to website, documentation, or sites that support your answer so I have reference when I continue the visa process?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please continue...

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
See here for proof that the surcharge does not apply for visas applied from outside the UK which are for 6 months or less
All the best