How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My sister is dutch national who resides in the UK. She married her husband in Africa in

This answer was rated:

Hi my sister is dutch national who resides in the UK. She married her husband in Africa in 2010. He came in uk to live with her. After 6 months he got residence card for 5 years. But after 2 years they separated with no children. Till now they are still officially married. He went on to live with another woman who is british citizen and they have a child now. 5 years is close to an end. How likely will he get PR. my sister doesn't know his address or whereabouts. What is the best way forward for her as she seeks to end this drain marriage. She is in fulltime emlpoyment. He was self employed last time she heard from him. Thanks for your help.

It appears that your sister's husband has a "continued right of residence" in the UK as they are still married and your sister continues to be a qualified person by being in full time employment in the UK. As such, if he is still living in the UK, he would qualify for PR automatically as soon as he has completed 5 years residency here.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But they don't live with each other anymore and he has another wife. Can he apply PR on his own without the assistance of my sister? Your prompt answer is much appreciated