How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been in the UK since 01/2004, initially I had a Work

Customer Question

I have been in the UK since 01/2004, initially I had a Work permit obtained through the NHS for 4 1/2 years. I subsequently married in 05/2008. We ended up divorcing in 06/2011. M indefinite leave was issued in 06/2010. My questions are two: first, I was
released from personal bankruptcy in 04/2009. It seems this is a character flaw on the application. Will this and/or my divorce prevent me from receiving a successful citizenship request? I have not been out of the country for >3 months in total for probably
the whole 12 years, and have been employed, either through SASE or PAYE the whole time. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
As you are a discharged bankrupt, it will not affect your naturalisation application. The fact that you are divorced will also not affect your application.
Good luck.