How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have an australian passport with a indefinite residence

This answer was rated:

Hi, i have an australian passport with a indefinite residence permit i have been living in the UK with my husband & 2 children for 12 years, my australian passport is nearly up for renewal i would like to obtain a british passport how do i do this?
Thanks for your patience.
What nationality is your wife please?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom,

I am the wife asking the question who is australian my husband and 2 children have british passports



Thanks for your reply. If you have a potato and indefinite leave to remain that time ago then you can most likely apply for naturalisation as a UK citizen.
You must meet the requirements contained on the following paid in order to apply:
Please note in particular the residential requirements contained in the second set of bullet points.
It is quite expensive but if you meet the criteria that you can apply and after you have received your certificate of naturalisation you can then attend a citizenship ceremony and thereafter apply for a UK passport.
Kind regards.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you