How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

There I am married to a Turkish lady and we currently

This answer was rated:

Hello there
I am married to a Turkish lady and we currently live in Turkey as I am working there as an ex pat for a British retailer (Tesco) my contract is up in January and we want to move back to the UK, my wife has worked in the UK (for Tesco) as well as a number of other EU countries. We are going back to the UK in 2 weeks to buy a house, financially we are very secure with about 600k of savings and a pension pot of about 1M all can be proved. I am told it is very difficult and costly bit I cannot find the detail about what is needed. we contacted an agent who told us how difficult it was but wanted a few thousand up front to tell us what to do, I am always skeptical about these things. Can you please point me in the right direction.
Many thanks
Steve Glasson
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Forget about agents and visa companies, you should simply instruct a UK based solicitor in order to prepare the application and collate your supporting documentation.
She will have to apply from a spouse visa.
The webpage on spouse visas is here:
The eligibility criteria is here:-
If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it will make the application easy and quick to decide upon for the UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-
• you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
• your partner is a British Citizen, or is present and settled in the UK, or is here with refugee leave or humanitarian protection;
• your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
• you and your partner have met in person;
• your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsistingif you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
• if you are not married or in a civil partnership you have been living with your partner in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years prior to the date of the application;
• you meet the suitability requirements
• any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
• you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
• You must meet the financial requirement:-
• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two.
• You would also have to show that you meet the English language requirement:-

You are in the fortunate position of being able to prove the financial requirement by simply evidencing that you have held more than £62500 in cash savings for more than 6 months so the application is going to be fairly uncomplicated and simply a case of gathering the supporting documentation from you/your wife which proves the eligibility criteria
I would instruct a medium sized firm near to where you expect you will be living but obviously instruct them from Turkey. You will have to verify your identity with a Turkish lawyer for this purpose but that will be easy enough.
You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
Legal fees would be around £1000 + VAT.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you