How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35086
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a friend who...

This answer was rated:

I have a friend who was born iin Paris to a greek father and a Welsh Mother,who were of course married at the time. Eventually she came to live in England but after 16-19 years left for the middle east. She is British by decent. She no longer lives in
England but visits frequently and has family here... I am a tad confused about the 270 day rule, would that mean if she gave birth in London then unless she had not been in the country for 270 days in the last three years it could be difficult?
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
What issue is it that you are concerned about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The child getting UK citezenship
Since the mother is a Uk Citizen by descent if the child is born in the UK then he or she will be entitled to British Citizenship.
There is no residence requirement involved.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
add a 1 to the end