How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35086
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My name is ***** ***** I am from the UK. I am currently

This answer was rated:

My name is ***** ***** I am from the UK. I am currently in the process of sponsoring my husbands (USA) spouse visa application to come and join me in the UK. I also have 2 children which are British Citizens. The application process has been quite straight forward until I started gathering accommodation information.
I approached my housing association requesting a permission letter for my husband to live with me. This letter was to prove that my current residence has enough space to fit him. They completely refused to write anything nor "get involved" as quoted with any UKBA affairs. All they said was that my tenancy agreement states that anyone can live with me as long as it doesn't cause overcrowding- which it does. They also said that a housing association / council tenancy agreement holds far more weight then a private landlord agreement.
I have read several times in forums to have a home inspection report done- but this is usually only required if you are moving into a house that contains other residents i.e. wife and children, plus mother in law, plus father in law. My husband is simply coming to join us and be the fourth person in my property.
Though I am a bit worried, I will be sending my husbands application with the tenancy agreement, my original house viewing letter which states the house size and quota of residents (2 bedroom 4 person property), as well as my housing officers contact details.I am not sure what else I can do to prove that I live alone with my 2 girls.
What I want to know is if anyone has been in these circumstances- can a tenancy agreement be accepted that states this. Will my tenancy agreement, original house viewing letter, and my housing officers contact details be enough?
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Provided that this is a two bedroom property it will be assumed that this is sufficient for a coupe and two children of the same sex -so the evidence that you already have is sufficientClare
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you