How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10973
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am a 44 years old British Citizen Female married

Customer Question

I am a 44 years old British Citizen Female married to a Turkish national.
I have prepared all relevant documents to apply for a spouse visa so he can join me.
The day I had an appointment with the solicitor my husband had to run away from Turkey because he was under death threats. He has now managed to enter Germany. I am a working woman earning £32000 and own my own home in London.
I would like to know what should I do to bring my husband to UK to join me.
Kind regards
Customer Onsoy
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. As you are a British citizen and you earn more than the necessary £16,800, you can get a spousal visa for your husband to come and live with you in the UK. This application can be made online and your husband only needs to forward his passport and your marriage certificate to the UK Border AGency in support of his application. The relevant form is known as a VAF4A and here is a link to it The details of what is required is included in this brochure. The application should be made online here Be aware that it is better to apply for a spouse visa as you are both married rather than seek to claim asylum on the basis of the threats made in Turkey. The UK Border Agency are not generally amendable to applications for asylum from other Council of Europe members who are also members of the European Convention on Human Rights, as Turkey is. So it is better to apply as a spouse.