How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 33526
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

As a German citizen, I have been resident and working in the

This answer was rated:

As a German citizen, I have been resident and working in the UK since 1974. What is my residence status in the UK?
Have you made an applications to the Home Office?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I haven't, as I don't know the contact details.

I see. Well let me try and help. There are different ways to become a British citizen. The most common is called ‘naturalisation’. You can apply for British citizenship by naturalisation if:you’re 18 or overyou are of good character, eg you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record, and you haven’t tried to deceive the Home Office or been involved in immigration offences in the last 10 yearsyou’ll continue to live in the UKyou’ve met the knowledge of UK test and life in the UK requirementsyou meet the residency requirementsAnd you must usually have:lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your applicationspent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 yearsspent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 monthsbeen granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national) - this means there’s no specific date that you have to leavehad indefinite leave to stay in the UK for the last 12 months (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national)not broken any immigration laws while in the UKSend your application form, fee and any supporting documents to:UKVI Department 1 The Capital New Hall Place Liverpool L3 9PP
ivorylounge and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you