How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm currently living with my American husband of four years

Customer Question

I'm currently living with my American husband of four years in Michigan USA. I'd like to move back to UK with my husband, to live work and have children. How should I do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.How much can you earn if you return to the UK?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure, I have no particular skills and only experience of working in retail. I guess something like £15k pa.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Does your husband have a job he can transfer to in the Uk from the States?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is a manual worker in a factory, so I guess the answer is no.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any saving s- or family members who would be willing to sponoer your husband
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No savings, by sponsor, does that mean someone who will financially support him? I have an uncle that may assist, but I doubt if he'll want to commit financially for very long.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to go now, but will check later for your advice. Regards
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
In order for you to be able to bring your husband to the Uk on a Spouse Visa you need to meet the financial requirementsset out here•• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two. • You would also have to show that your husband meets the English language requirement:-• you would have to come to the Uk alone and find a job that pays enough and work for three months before any applictaion could be madePlease ask if you need further detailsClare